Friday, November 07, 2008

My Palin Admission

Now that that's over...

I have an admission to make regarding the popular perceptions about Sarah Palin. I don't expect to do any more cartoons about her, so I'll blog about it now. Here's my admission:

I DO think that it's possible that there was an element of sexism in how people evaluated her, in one respect only...

Yes, she is an incredible moron, who is in no way qualified to hold higher office. Yes, she's an extremist nut-ball who has no business making decisions for the rest of us on important stuff. And yes, she deserved to get hammered for these things in the media.

But these things were also true of Bush. This should have been abundantly clear before the 2004 election, and yet people gave him the benefit of the doubt and put him in office for a second term.

Sexism? Who knows...

All I know is I won't be giving up the chip on my shoulder over the '04 election any time soon...

1 comment:

Kevin Moore said...

The recent trashing of her by McCain operatives is so over-the-top retarded that it lacks credibility. It is hard to believe that a 44-year-old woman, a governor no less, could not know that Africa is a continent, or what countries were in NAFTA. I have no love for the woman, but I think it says a lot about how these weasels operate that once their vicious attacks fail to defeat Obama, they continue to use them on each other.

That said, I hope she becomes the Dan Quayle of 2012. A failed presidential hopeful who provides plenty of delicious soundbites of moronitude.