Saturday, July 21, 2007

That there inter-net sure is fun...

Granted, I'm pretty easily impressed with some of the newfangled stuff there on the World Wide Webs, but I just got my first home high-speed connection so I've been doing some exploring.

This one is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen: if you haven't checked out the Weather Channel interactive map, go see now. If you live in a densely populated area (apparently, anywhere in the world), it allows you to zoom in close enough to see your house, your car parked in the front yard, and maybe even you if you're doing something freaky on the roof. Come to think of it, that's a little disturbing, isn't it? It's all extremely well-labeled, so you know exactly where you're at.

I don't know how many hours I've wasted on this lately, checking out everything from Major League Baseball stadiums, to FEMA trailers still in peoples' front yards in the Lower Ninth in New Orleans, to the canals of Venice, Italy.

No comments: