Monday, March 06, 2006

Fighting Words News!

  • Fighting Words now appears in the print edition of Eat the State!, a very cool bi-weekly political newspaper with some well-known contributors, including Ted Rall and Tom Tomorrow. Readers in the Seattle area should be sure to pick up a copy, which can be found in coffee shops and newsstands around the city (especially in the U-District).

  • A few weeks ago, a Fighting Words cartoon also appeared in a quarterly 'zine out of St. Cloud, MN called "It Takes All Kinds."

  • Ted Rall on the big, upcoming Attitude 3: The New Subversive Online Cartoonists (which is now being offered in a great-looking package deal with the new Tom Tomorrow book):
    Everyone who has had a sneak peak at this anthology of cartoons by and interviews with 21 of America's funniest webcomics creators says they're knocked out by the breadth of creativity reflected in these pages.

  • New T-Shirt designs will be available in time for Emerald City Comicon, where I will have a table in the Artist Alley (I'm just looking for a good local shirt-maker).

  • Speaking of conventions, I am 99 percent sure that I WILL be at SPX in Bethesda, MD this year, where I will hopefully be able to finally meet all the cool cartoonist kids that I have been exchanging emails and "link props" with. I read an online rumor that the dates for SPX 2006 are Oct. 13-15.

  • At some point soon, I will be moving this blog to my website's server and incorporating it into my own template. Just as soon as I figure out how to do it... (anybody who has done this and has any pointers, I'd be eternally grateful).

  • More updates as they come to mind...
  • No comments: