Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Eat me, Apple

I may or may not have a "Moron" post for you this week, so you may have to do without articles for this week's 'toon. Devastating, I know... but my power adapter for my Mac Powerbook finally bit the dust, and all my articles are on my hard drive.

It looks like this has been a huge problem with Powerbooks, judging by the comments on the Apple store page. However, Steve Jobs' secret to generating profit has apparently been to manufacture substandard parts for his products, and then charge ridiculous fees for replacement parts. 80 bucks for a power cord?! As I recall, they gave me a similar explanation for why a new battery is not covered under my AppleCare policy, because the battery is considered an "accessory" that is "external" to the computer. Computers don't run very well without power, though, do they?!

Which leads me back to the title of this post...

Needless to say, I'm a little pissed at Apple lately.

No comments: